However, some of the old books are pretty cool. And the library thinned out some of their old books the last couple days. And I just happened to stop by the library today, and noticed the huge stacks of newly 'available' old books for sale.
Yes, I stood there for a long time shuffling through all those old books. I weeded my selections down to 45 books. A lot of them are biographies written for kids--perfect for homeschooling, and much more interesting than textbooks. Several of them were old Landmark books, which I just love being able to find. And probably a fifth of what we got were hands-on 'gadget' books for Sly, including a book he's checked out more than once in the past, and as recently as last month, entitled literally "The Gadget Book" by Jim Weiss. Right now Sly is working with a long piece of yarn and a really thick book called "Fun with String." I swear when he was a little kid (3-4-5yo and older even) his absolute favorite toy was a long red shoestring. He still loves playing with strings (and sticks and rocks). He also got a book on how to make your own moccasins, one on paper airplanes, another on mechanical drawing (like drafting), and one that tells you how to build a fort (or a battleship or a jet or a catapult or other cool things) in your backyard. He's planning on hitting Habeeb up for some shop nite projects out of that one!

So, how much did my stack of 45 books cost me? A whopping $11.25. Seriously, I may go back in the morning and get some more! And I think we may need to get some more bookcases. Here's some of them. Jman already took off with one about trains, and Sly has half a dozen separated out for his own already.

AWESOME!!!!!
ReplyDeleteFor a moment I thought Sly was crocheting! I am teaching Pamela and will be posting video. We both have to concentrate so hard that we can only take five minutes. I even found myself sticking out my tongue to scaffoled myself! LOL!